Why study BS Radiologic Technology at SSLC?
The four-year degree program ar in-demand in hospitals and clinics worldwide. Licensed Radiologic Technologists (RTs) are offered high salaries. SSLC teaches students of BSRT techniques and procedures to ward off that notion (RTs) of being contaminated by radiation. Students are taught to operate medical imaging equipment and web-based software programs. The program is a member of Philippine Association of Radiologic Technologist Inc. (PART) and Philippine Society of Government Radiologic Technologist (PSGRT). Student Internship is provided mainly by Las Piñas Doctors Hospitals (LPDH). Other hospitals of choice are National Orthopedic Hospital, East Avenue Medical Center and Philippine Heart Center.
Overview/ Program Description
Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology (BSRT) is a four-year degree program consisting of general education and professional courses. The fourth year is undertaken as a Clinical Education Training Program in accredited affiliation centers. The program affords training in general radiography and the special fields of Radiology including Ultrasound, computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy, Interventional Radiology, and other emergent fields.
The vision of the Radiologic Technology envisions itself to become a leading institution in providing the industry with locally oriented but globally competitive radiologic technology professionals whose knowledge, skills and attitude are on a par with international standards and new global thrusts.
SSLC College of Radiologic Technology is committed to developing students to become excellent in academic, values, and ethical practice by integrating activities in the curriculum that are aligned with the clinical, didactic and practical objectives as well as the academic domains and learning arts necessary for the delivery of exemplary patient care in diagnostic imaging, by aligning the academic program with global issues, trends and practices to enhance its role as a principal community resource for professional workers in the field, and by providing programs of continuing in-service education to the individual and collective needs of the faculty members and officers.
- Curriculum is compliant with International standards and national statutory requirements and is based on the CMO No.07 Series of 2018
- Curriculum is available upon request at the South SEED-LPDH College Office
Working as a Medical Radiation Technologist in Alberta, Canada
- If you would like more detailed information about working as a MRT such as duties, working conditions, salaries, educational requirements, and personal characteristics, you can read the each of career profiles for medical radiation technology on the Alberta Learning Information Service’s occupational information website, OCCinfo
X-ray techs earn more than nurses
- And the work is ‘less toxic’ too (U.K.)
Radiologic technologists are among the highly skilled professions that have been very much in demand in the UK since 2000, according to the Association of Filipino Radiographers in the UK (Afruk).
Radiology jobs among top 10 for 2013
- Radiology positions requiring an associate’s degree are among the top 10 paying jobs for 2013, according to data released by CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists.